Read about: Hide
Maine Coons are majestic and spectacular. These incredibly beautiful and large cats should be named accordingly. Simple names like Coockie or Betty are just not for them.
This article will discuss the basic nuances that should be relied upon when choosing a name, as well as the most popular, sonorous and suitable names for Maine Coon cat.
How to name a Maine Coon
You shouldn’t choose very complicated and long nicknames for the animal. It will not be easy for everyone. Maine Coons will love names that include hissing sounds – all animals respond very well to such options.
Guidelines for choosing a pet’s name:
- Color. You can choose the perfect name, depending on what color nature has your cat (Gold – for a red-haired beauty or Snowy – for a white cat);
- Character. Be sure to take into account the character and the basic habits of the pet, because they are very clearly reflect the personality of the cat in general (Pirate – for the cat-robber or Socrates – for the calm cat);
- The owner’s hobbies. Curious nicknames can be thought of, based on the passions and hobbies of the owner himself. At the same time, of course, you should also look at the reaction of the cat (very funny when the musician has a cat Doremi, and the astronomer has a cat Saturn);
- Origin. These large cats originated from America, Maine. The ancestors of the animals lived on farms in North America. For this reason, interesting versions of names can be drawn directly from a geography atlas – short and sonorous names of cities and states of America will help you (a beautiful name for a cat – Utah and a very original name for a cat – Vegas);
- Size. It would be foolish not to try those name variants that clearly emphasize the admirable size and majesty of these animals (Biggest cat).
Observe carefully the reaction of the Maine Coon, and very soon you will see which nickname the new family member approves.
Maine Coon male cat names
Below are 150 names for a Maine Coon boy cat for each letter of the alphabet.
Artemis, Ascold, Archie, Altair, Артур, Aries, Ares, Atos, Aramis, Atlas, Aslan, Apollo.
Barivel, Blossom, Bruce, Basalt, Bisquit, Bentleaf, Benttwist, Baton, Ballou, Basil, Basker, Bingo.
Creme Puff, Chips, Chester, Cubs, Cricket, Cavernmoon, Cavernrain, Colombo, Cool, Catter, Chillshimmer.
Didga, Dozer, Dolphinwhisker, Drizzletail, Decathlon, Delirium, Delilah, Duskfall, Delius, Demon, Dude.
E, F, G
Earthrain, Echopath, Echoingstep, Eveningshimmer, Felix, Falconfur, Gibson, Garfield, Ghostsun, Glidingfoot, Gandolf, Genry.
H, I, J
Heronsky, Heronstrike, Hamay, Half Hitch, Inkclaw, Ivypool, Ironleap, Innocentspirit, Jayflight, Jasminetalon, Junipertail, Junipersnap.
Koiear, Kramer, Katar, Koibranch, Koisplash, Koiwing, Kazak, Kazmir, Keebler, Keets, Kepurr, Koiyowl.
Leo, Leafskin, Lettuceleaf, Lightheart, Laser, Leener, Lester, Lilacsnap, Luckyember, Luckytwist, Lynxeyes, Ludo.
M&Ms, Merlin, Maestro, Maliboo, Maniak, Manazz, Marshall, Masquerade, Mauser, Mayhem, Meatball, Muffin.
Nomadicsoul, Natan, Nutbrown, Nettlefrost, Nebulastorm, Nutty, Napoleon, Nestor, Neron, Nessus, Nettik, Newie.
Orbit, Oddfrond, Ostrichfur, Owleyes, Oldpelt, Opal, O’Malley, Opus, Orwell, Oaktail, Osmat, Ostin.
Pippin, Phoenix, Paintedclaw, Pathbull, Peachsnap, Pearglint, Pebblebeach, Peppercloud, Peppersky, Pincho, Plovercoal, Ploverslash.
Quincy, Quentin, Quantas, Raoul, Rippletwig, Riverpelt, Raskle, Rasputin, Ryder, Raquel, Rootfall, Rubyfire.
Saros, Salome, Stardust, Samoset, Spotty, Sunday, Sam, Saltshell, Sandcloud, Scartail, Stewie, Sedgeshell.
Tadd, Top, Totoro, Tracker, Tripod, Tramp, Thicketclaw, Tornclaw, Treesplash, Tuliphop, Twirlsnap, Twitchwhisker.
U, W, V
Underpurr, Underswipe, Underroot, Volewhisker, Vincent, Vogue, Vorral, Velvet, Wabbly, Warlock, Walnutstorm.
Yoko, Yowler, Youtoo, Yum Yum, Yumie, Zingaro, Zzz, Zestyclaw, Zarfurr.
Names for female Maine Coon cats
Below are 150 names for a female Maine Coon cat for each letter of the alphabet
Ally, Ashlin, Ariana, Amelia, Angel, Apple, Ava.
Bageera, Blaze, Bella, Bessie, Berry, Buttercup, Billie, Bonnie, Butters, Bunny, Buffy, Boba Tea.
Callie, Comet, Chloe, Cassie, Chyna, Cherry, Charlotte, Cinnamon, Cola, Cherish, Cocoa, Cloudy.
Destiny, Damsel, Doja Cat, Deborah, Dadley, Dafna, Disasterclaw, Dolphinnose, Doveflight, Duchess.
E, F, G
Eve, Emmy, Eggo, Eleven, Feline, Fiona, Fairy, Fluffy, Fizzy, Giggles, Gummy Bear, Gidget, Ginger.
H, I, J
Horrora, Happy, Holley, Helen, Issa, Isolda, Ioanna, Jewel, Jazzy, Juno, Jelly Bean, Judith.
Kitty, Katie, Kanga, Kunziteflower, Kunzitepetal, Kamalia, Kira, Koisnout, Koipebble, Katalania.
Lily, Linx, Lupa, Lioness, Lulu, Lexi, Lola, Lucy, Lolipop, Lyra, Luna, Lulubelle, Lizzo.
Mrs. Norris, Macy, Mimi, Maya, Mimsy, Miley, Minnie, Miracle, Missy, Mango, Margarita, Marshmallow, Misty, Milky, Meow-na.
Nala, Nilla, Navyswirl, Navy, Nebulasnout, Nakieta, Naive, Nomadicsoul, Neffar, N’est-Ce Pass, Nightingalefeather, Nessi.
Ophelia, Ottaline, Onassis, Onanda, Orangepeel, Owlfeather, Odalia, Olko, Okka, Olivegaze, Oneear, Oldeyes.
Phoebe, Pearl, Pixie, Proudens, Piper, Pandora, Piggy, Penny, Pippi, Puppy, Poppy, Penelope, Pebbles.
Queuty, Rainbow, Rowenda, Ri-Ri, Roxy, Rory.
Sasha, Stella, Scarlett, Scribbles, Snowflake, Snuffy, Sage, Sunny, Saltine, Snuffy, Summer, Suzy, Sundae, Sweetie, Sheba, Smurfette.
Treasure, Twinkie, Toy, Tinker Bell, Treepetal, Terra, Tuftface, Treebelly, Tutebella, Torturra, Twinkle.
U, W, V
Uma, Uva, Uka, Vanilla, Vulkana, Verra, Violet, Venezia, Wuzzles, Wowzers, Winnie the Purr.
X, Y, Z
Xena, Yara, Zsa Zsa, Zippi, Zoe
How to name a Maine Coon by color
- Sher Khan (Mowgli);
- Catty LaBelle;
- Queen Bey;
- Paw-la Abdul;
- Dairiseki-no (marbled, Japanese);
- Akira (bright, Japanese);
- Amy (blessed beauty, Japanese);
- Da Com Tak (marble, Vietnamese);
- Mramoru (mramoru-marble, Czech).
Top 10 original nicknames
- Hermione (Harry Potter).
Have not chosen a name? See the list of 500 names for cats.
When choosing a name you should be guided not only by advice, but also by your own inner feelings. The name of the Maine Coon should be pleasant to the ear for everyone living in the house.
A name that was given “for fun” or “on the advice of acquaintances” may become annoying in the future. So make the choice with your heart, together with your majestic cat.
Love your pets and give them daily care, then any name uttered by the owner will respond with warmth in the animal’s heart.